Thursday 9 January 2014

Week1:Day 3:Non Fast Day

Got up at 6am to take myself to the gym, had an OK workout but wasn't my best. I think it will take awhile for my body to get to used to the new eating habits. I exercise in the morning before breakfast and found my run quite hard. I completed 20mins running at 5.3mph and then followed it by some weights and toning exercises. Normally on Wednesday I will do a HiiT run but on Monday my run was rubbish due to large amounts of wine consumed with friends on the Sunday evening so decided to do a normal straight run. Over the Christmas period I was going to the gym in the afternoons as I had the free time and was hitting 30mins at 5.3mph but I have noticed this week that I don't seem to be able to hit the same minute mark so over the next 2 weeks would like to bring my time back up to 30mins. I am presuming that I am not able to hit it due to the time of day and the lack of energy compared to mid-afternoon when I have eaten 2 meals! 

Foodwise I did fine, if anything I felt like I had eaten to much but according to my cals I was on track: 

Breakfast: Cottage Cheese, Chrizo, Tomato, Mozzerella, 2x Hard Boiled Eggs (582 Cals)
Lunch: Tomato and Basil Soup (198 Cals)
Dinner: Penne Pasta with Pesto, Steamed Salmon (788Cals) 

Total: 1588Gross 1367Net

Normally I would like my dinner to be less calories but didn't realise quite how high Pesto is in calories.. it is yummy though! One thing that did interest me through the day was that I realise I eat when I feel like I should do rather than because I am hungry. I normally take my lunch at midday, I had a few stomach grumbles at the time and thought "God..I'm so hungry" but actually realised that yes my stomach was grumbling but actually I wasn't that hungry and I was saying it because I knew I had food and could eat. On the Fast day I had stomach grumbles and I just ignored them or put up with them as I knew eating wasn't an option for me. 

I have another Fast Day coming up, am looking forward to it and will be interested to see how I deal with it having already done one this week. 

P.S Still no wine yet this week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment