Thursday 17 January 2013

Wednesday Wine Day

Biggy and I decided to have wine last night...Wednesday is my cleaning day and as a reward he suggested we have a glass of wine and a nice dinner... I had had quite a stressful day so was happy to go along with the idea... so off I popped to the shop after work... 

I bought an amazing garlic bread from Waitrose, it was Goats Cheese and caramelized Red Onion (have to be my 2 most favorite things)  then for our main we were already having Trout with Roasted Veg and then I bought 2 small individual Sticky Toffee Puddings (ultimate dessert) with 2 bottles of  Red Wine... 

I didn't think we would drink all the red wine but that's what we normally get and I know Biggy still likes to have a glass of wine or 2. We poured out the wine and I sat on my first glass for about 40 minutes which is unheard of for me and then asked Biggy for a top up...in total I had about 2 and half glasses and actually on my last half I stopped enjoying it... I could feel myself changing... as in not being stone sober anymore...I wasn't drunk or tipsy or anything but I could just feel that the wine was having an effect on me.. and do you know what... I didn't enjoy it at all... it was nice to have a glass of wine...but to be honest it was nice to have A glass not  2 and a half... I also noticed that while I was eating I was drinking alot faster as I wanted a drink rather than wanting to have wine!  It was good to realise that I just don't want as much wine anymore... also it's not worth the points or the dry mouth all night...! 


Anyway... after dinner I worked out the points of everything I had... I worked out the points after as Biggy and I wanted to have a nice dinner and I was going to eat what we had bought either way and I am ok with that... but OMG....I laughed when I worked out the points for the dessert.. it was 11 Points... I was like oppps! So in total yesterday I had a 39 point dinner...and what's crazy is that if I had just had what we originally planned I would have had a 7 point dinner as all the Veg were 0 points the Trout was 5 and a spoonful of Pesto was 2!!!  However I am fine with it as I still have 8 points of my weeklies and 12 activity points left for the week... both of which I don't plan on using...that with the gym I doubt one controlled treat is going to do anything to the scales. I still have 4 days of healthy eating ahead of me..so all good in the hood.  (Also now worried that I am sounding to "I don't care" and you will think that I'm saying it because I do care....but I am fine with it.. I know what I ate, I pointed it all up and now just have to be extra good as I indulged...but also I feel like I have indulged and am not craving anything.. I don't want any heavy meals as am feeling satisfied and to be honest still full! This is getting hard to explain....!)

Off to the gym tonight and will be doing 30 minutes on the cross trainer.. I am going to be upping my resistance as I am finding that although I am still breaking a sweat it's a little easier than is used to be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment