Tuesday 18 December 2012

Have To Share This Recipe With You

Last night I had a friend over for dinner which was lovely and I didn't really know what to cook which could be healthy as I didn't want to serve a big meal as she is staying with me and tonight we have another one of our friend's coming over and we are having quite a big meal with a fair amount of carbs... I decided to cook this meal which is so easy to do and so low in points it's crazy.

I don't know what it's called but all you need is a few eggs, chopped canned tomatoes and some veg... I have cooked the dish before and used different veg to this time.. to be honest I look what's in the fridge and go from there.

This is what it will end up looking like:

 
 
Firstly turn your oven on to 180 degrees then cut up all your veg and put into a frying pan... ( I had green beans, mushrooms, onion, chilli, peppers and asparagus) cook on a low heat with the canned tomatoes.. you can add any kind of flavouring you want... chili or just herbs. I cook everything for about 30 minutes. and then transfer all the contents into a large oven dish...you do want it to be quite large as you want the veg to spread out fairly thinly... then make some holes in the dish pushing the veg out to the sides... a bit like a volcano opening... and break your egg into each hole... I do mine like in the picture so none of the eggs are touching.... then put the dish in the oven and cook for another 20 minutes or until your eggs are the way you want them. Then serve.... I find it best if the eggs are quite well cooked as it's then easier to move the egg out of the dish.
 
You can put in as many eggs as you want depending on how many you are cooking for or how many eggs you want for each person. This dish is so so easy to cook and is perfect for one person or 5!
 
In regards to WW points it all depends on a) what veg you use and b) how many eggs you eat. Last night I had one egg and all the veg I used were 0 points BUT I did serve it with a side of rice as my friend isn't on a diet and so wanted to offer something a bit more but the dish doesn't need it. I had the left overs for my lunch today without the rice and my total was 2points for a whole plate full! 
 
It's perfect as my total before dinner is 9 which leaves me a massive 24 points for dinner to play with... now I will be honest I have already planned my points for tonight and I still use some of my weeklies.... but that is fine as I have calculated wine and garlic bread and tortellini and  bacon and chicken as well as a rich sauce.... so no surprise that I am going over... but I have planned for it and am still a massively in control!!! I am not planning any other heavy meals this week and Biggy has bought some nice looking soups for dinner. I also do not plan on having any wine until Saturday (3 days without drinking) and am going to the gym Wed-Fri....
 
 
I really really believe that this week could be the week ... and right in time for Christmas... If  I can get down to 14 stone and then maintain or lose a bit more for New Year I will be truly ecstatic!!!
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my this looks gorgeous! Week end food sorted!

    ReplyDelete